Hello my kinky curly friends. Today i’m back with the most asked question “what do you do to your hair?”. Well, it is not necessarily easy to answer that question because my hair is different from yours. However, I am going to share with you my hair regimen that I hope will inspire you to create your hair routine. I will also give you tips on how to create your regimen that you will stick with to the end of the universe😀.
I have been on this hair journey for one and a half years now. It has been a journey of sorts; some days I love my hair some days I don’t (which is totally normal). Things started getting easy when I built a regimen that I stuck to religiously. I have seen an improvement in my hair texture and also in my length. I have thrashed the myth that natural hair doesn’t grow beyond shoulder length and i’m relentless (waist length i’m coming for you). I cannot say enough how a regimen helps because you need to test it yourself and experience the magic. Below is my hair routine:
- Weekly wash days with sulphate free products.
- Weekly deep conditioning. This has saved my hair life. I am currently loving the mega growth deep conditioner.
- Weekly green tea hair rinse. This has helped to strengthen my hair and reduce breakage.
- Sealing moisture using the LCO method after washing hair and putting it in a protective style.
- Moisturizing hair in-between the week using water and leave-in or the LCO method depending on the level of dryness of the hair.
- Scalp massages 3-4 times a week using jojoba oil and peppermint oil.
That is basically my routine that I developed months ago and I am stuck to it like a tortoise in it’s shell. You can also come up with your own regimen and I hope that mine is a source of inspiration. The first step to creating your regimen is understanding your hair. You have to know whether you have thin or thick hair strands, the curl pattern of your hair, how quickly/slowly does your hair lose moisture. Build a regimen that suits your hair needs and you’ll be a happy kinky curly girl.
I do hope that the above has been of help to you. If you have a question/comment be sure to drop it in the comment section and I will get back to you. Look out for posts every week and if you like what you are reading, subscribe to my blog for more and don’t forget to share with your friends😜. Wishing you a fun filled weekend. ❤❤❤